Unified Scan Engine
Unified scan engine makes detection and removal of viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, bots, and more faster and easier – independently tested to provide superior protection.
- Kernel-Level Virus Prevention – protects at the operating system level.
- Scan Modes – provide customization options.
Fastest Updating Signature List
Detects and stops even the most recent viruses that others miss.
Stops Internet attacks at the front door and even catches thieves on their way out. Our two-way firewall proactively protects against inbound and outbound attacks while making you invisible to hackers.
- Inbound & Outbound – monitors and blocks threat traffic in or out.
- Full Stealth Mode – makes you invisible to hackers.
- Kill Controls – instantly disable malicious programs.
- Passes Independent Leak Tests* – passes 100% of tests compared to an industry average of 40%.
Operating System Firewall (OSFirewall™)
No anti-virus or anti-spyware product is 100% effective, so ZoneAlarm invented the OS Firewall. The OS Firewall monitors behaviors within your computer to spot and stop even the most sophisticated new attacks that bypass traditional anti-virus and security suites.
- Advanced Access Protection – specifically defeats new, advanced attacks that other firewalls miss like raw data access, timing, SCM and COM attacks.
- 0-Hour Protection – prevents silent outbreaks from gaining system access even before the threat is known by other security programs
- Program Control – restricts programs from malicious activities, blocking attacks that by-pass other defenses.
- Early Boot Protection – Uniquely protects your operating system during start-up before most security products have even loaded.
filters out annoying and potentially dangerous emails.
filters and blocks inappropriate websites in over 30 categories; scans uncategorized websites to determine appropriateness.
Wireless PC Protection
Connecting to an unsecured network leaves you vulnerable to hackers, identity thieves, and other online threats. Automatic Wireless Network Security detects wireless networks and automatically applies the most secure firewall protection setting.
Provides real-time security updates, quick response to breaking threats, and leverages threat data from millions of users to protect your PC from the latest attacks.
Identity Protection Services
Identity theft can happen to anyone, anywhere. ZoneAlarm delivers superior PC based protection and exclusive data encryption, and also offers offline ID protection services.
- Daily Credit Monitoring and Fraud Alerts – monitors your credit reports daily with email alerts and reports, and notifies you if there have been changes, which is often an indication of identity theft (US only).
- Victim Recovery Service – provides free telephone counseling to guide ID theft victims through resolution and recovery (US only).
Advanced Download Protection
Automatically analyzes your downloads to determine if they are safe or malicious. Includes an advanced security check that runs and analyzes the download in a protected environment.
- Instant Security Check – Automatically checks programs you download through your web browser with a list of known dangerous downloads and intelligently analyzes the program itself.
- Deep Security Check – Provides an option to run the download in a virtual protected environment to more deeply analyze it for malicious behavior.
Dangerous Website Detection
Blocks spyware distribution sites and fraudulent "phishing" websites that trick you into revealing personal data.
- Anti-phishing – Warns you and blocks fraudulent "phishing" websites that trick you into revealing personal data. Advanced heuristics detect brand new phishing sites created seconds ago that standard anti-phishing security misses.
- Spy-site Blocking – Warns you and blocks Websites that are known to distribute spyware.
- Site Authentication – One-click tells you when a site was registered, where, and if it is known to be dangerous.
Focus on what you want to do; we take care of the rest.
- Quiet Security – Reduced the number of program alerts users see by over 90%.
- Millions of Programs Pre-Set – Automatically configures security settings for millions of programs.
- Auto-Learn Mode – Automatically configures security settings based on your behavior so you don’t have to.
- Automatic Updates – Automatically keeps your security lists up-to-date of viruses, spyware, dangerous programs, phishing and spy sites.
Easy for anyone to use and customize.
- One-Click Fix It Interface – provides simple overview, one-button access to instant upgrades and updates.
- Game Mode – one-click control temporarily suppresses most security alerts and prevents them from interrupting your fun while maintaining protection for your PC.
- Customization and Advanced Controls – provides options for average consumers and advanced users to customize and adjust settings.